Troqueer Parish Church of Scotland
Where we are
Troqueer Church, Troqueer Road, Dumfries, DG2 7DF
Charity Number SCO 00973
Minister – Rev John Notman
Principal Office Bearers
Session Clerk: Mr Michael Wall
Regular times of worship
Sunday 11am Morning Worship
6:30pm Evening Service
Our mission and ministry
Our church is situated in Troqueer overlooking the River Nith in Dumfries. We seek to serve the Lord in life and witness and enjoy gathering together to worship Him. Musically our services are a real mix of the old and the new. We have both a traditional organ and a band that provide music, and our multimedia facilities allow us to enhance our worship in sound and vision. We hold services for all ages each Sunday at 11am and 6.30pm. Groups for children and young people met in the church centre after the first part of the 11am service and there is a crèche available. As our logo says we seek to proclaim, preach and live the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In recent years we have developed a link to the Divine Destiny Church in Rwanda which has been of great blessing to us and we hope to them.
As well as the church we have two buildings which are used for activities. The Church centre, next to the church, is used on Sundays by the children and young peoples’ groups and for refreshments after the services. Other activities take place there during the week
The Church hall and resource centre is at 24 Church Street, approx 1 mile from the church. This is the home to the Frendz pregnancy advisory centre.
Many activities take place in our buildings from prayer meetings to various youth meetings. Our Guild group recently celebrated its 90th birthday. We have a very active Youth Fellowship and Boys Brigade. A Praise Group meets to sing. As well as contributing to worship from time to time, they sing on special occasions and are called on to visit other groups and fellowships.
Christian witness in our parish goes back to circa 400 AD: the name of the parish derives from “well of St Queran, a follower of Ninian”. Between 1653 – 1662 John Blackadder, the famous covenanter, was Minister. Our current building was opened in 1771. In 1990 members of the congregation raised money and muscle power to build the Church centre under the ministry of Rev Bill McKenzie. Billy Kelly, our minister, has been with us since 1994.